Monday, April 21, 2014

A Brief Post on Relationships

So someone on ask.fm asked me to do a post on relationships. I'm not really the best source of advice on yrelationships, because I've never really been in a healthy relationship, so I guess I'll just talk, and we will see what happens. 

Relationships between human beings, whether sexual in nature or purely platonic, are always extremely complex and multifaceted. That's all I can really think to say on the topic. Oh, and that relationships are never just purely between 2 people. They are always affected by a myriad of extenuating factors such as the family of the 2 parties involved, finances, previous relationships, living situations, and a whole host of other things, and all contribute to the success or failure of a relationship. 

Relationships change, as people change, and grow as people grow.... If you look at a couple that has been together for any amount of time whatsoever, and then look at them again in a few years, or even in a few months, the relationship will look different, and the difference will be immediately obvious. 

Hmmm, beededededee, what else do I have to say on the topic? Ummm, oh, that in order to have a healthy, long lasting relationship, both parties must base the very foundations of their relationship on some insoluble, impermeable, unchanging source. For many, that is their religious beliefs, for others it might be something different, either way, it sets your relationship up for success. 

Oh, and communication. Open, honest, and in depth communication is extremely helpful in making relationships work. Make a point to try to spend more time talking to your friend/boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever or whoever your applying this advice to in person, or at least over the phone or video chat than you do texting them. It's hard to maintain a relationship if its predominantly located in the  virtual realm, trust me, I can attest to that. 

Well, that's about the depth of my knowledge on the subject, at least that I'm willing to share. I think the reason it's so hard to give good relationship advice is because, there is no cure all, solve all formula of if you follow these steps, your relationships will be perfect, each relationship is different, and as a result, has a different formula. It's up to you and your other to figure out what that formula is.

No comments:

Post a Comment