Saturday, April 12, 2014

A Brief Snapshot of my Time in High Point

So today is Tuesday, March 25, 2014, at about 1:15pm I am currently in High Point, North Carolina doing Humanitarian Aid and natural disaster relief with the Samaritans purse. Ive been here since sunday Night, and this is my second day on the Job. It's 35 degrees outside today, and rainy, and all I'm wearing is a t shirt under a hoody. I'm soaked to the bone, tired, and cold, and we still have 4 more hours before the workday ends. I'm not getting paid, I'm the youngest person here by 8 years ( the next older guy 25, then the next youngest guy after him is 40). I'm still in school, so I'm doing homework during the car rides from work site to work site. Why the heck am I doing this you ask? Because I love people, and these people need help. My body is absolutely miserable, but my soul and spirit couldn't be any happier. This is my calling, helping those who need help. 

P.S, this is pretty old, I just got around to posting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment